tch501 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Art
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations of Elementary Art Education
- Defend art education in the classroom.
- Analyze the elements of art and principles of design.
- Compare art programs in elementary schools.
- Integrate art using technology across the curriculum.
- Integrate drawing techniques across the curriculum.
- Integrate painting across the curriculum.
- Integrate sculpture across the curriculum.
- Integrate printmaking across the curriculum.
- Describe ways to integrate the arts in the classroom.
- Create questions to help students look thoughtfully at art.
- Create an integrated art lesson plan based on state and national art standards.
Building an Art-Friendly Classroom
- Define safety guidelines for elementary art.
- Support diverse students in art experiences.
- List art resources, supplies, and equipment for the classroom.
- Identify exhibition opportunities for student art.
- Create a plan for an art-friendly classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.