tch503 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Mathematics
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Standards in Elementary Mathematics
- Identify the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics content standards for mathematics.
- Combine P–8 mathematics content standards with process standards to create learning activities.
- Identify the Common Core Standards for Mathematical Practice.
- Analyze how math instruction has evolved due to changing standards.
Teaching Mathematical Concepts Through Problem Solving
- Explain the difference between doing, learning, and understanding mathematics.
- Determine techniques for teaching mathematics concepts through problem solving.
- Design a lesson plan for teaching mathematics through problem solving.
- Integrate technology into a lesson plan for teaching mathematics concepts.
- Explain the importance of assessment in the mathematics classroom.
- Evaluate techniques, tools, and strategies to assess student learning.
- Create a formal or informal assessment to evaluate student learning.
Diversity and Classroom Management
- Modify lesson plans to support the needs of diverse learners.
- Analyze how classroom and materials management relate to mathematics instruction.
- Identify the key elements of instructional leadership in elementary mathematics.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.