tch505 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Social Studies
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Social Studies: Integrating Literacy, Thinking Skills, and Technology
- Utilize writing activities to enhance and reinforce comprehension of content.
- Create a classroom environment that motivates students to learn social studies.
- Create social studies instruction that supports learning through multiple perspectives.
- Determine strategies to promote creative and analytical thinking in social studies.
- Integrate technology to support student-centered learning in social studies.
- Integrate literacy materials, skills, and strategies into social studies instruction.
- Evaluate textbooks and technological resources for use in the social studies classroom.
- Determine ways of using quality trade book literature in lessons and throughout units.
Social Studies: Designing and Implementing Assessments
- Demonstrate understanding of assessment terminology.
- Differentiate the varied types of assessments.
- Differentiate between formative and summative assessments.
- Utilize additional ways of monitoring and measuring students’ progress in social studies.
- Design formal and informal social studies assessments.
Social Studies: Purpose and Place
- Explain why all students should learn social studies.
- Evaluate the benefits and challenges of standards-based education.
- Identify the major themes of the National Social Studies Standards.
- Determine the role that civic values should play in social studies curricula.
Social Studies: Designing and Implementing Instruction
- Create social studies instruction that aligns to state and national standards.
- Adapt social studies instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Develop instruction that connects social studies to other core disciplines.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.