Today is YOUR day
Congratulations to the class of 2021!
Today is YOUR Day.
Congrats to the class of 2021.
10:00 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Location Name: Atlanta
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021
- Ceremony times: Two ceremonies: 10 a.m. and 3 p.m
*Please be sure to attend the ceremony you are registered for to ensure entry.
- Door opening times:
- 10 a.m. ceremony- doors open at 8:30 a.m. Graduates should arrive no later than 9 a.m.
- 3 p.m. ceremony- doors open at 1:30 p.m. Graduates should arrive no later than 2 p.m.
- Venue and website link: Georgia International Convention Center, https://www.gicc.com/
- Address: 2000 Convention Center Concourse, College Park, GA 30337
If you’d like to watch the Atlanta ceremonies livestream, go to https://youtu.be/cuOoUUaKCqM for 10 a.m. (EST) ceremony and https://youtu.be/nC3835mhtA0 for 3 p.m. (EST) ceremony on Sept. 25th.
If you have any questions, please email UOPX Commencement.
Parking available at the convention center surface parking lot. The parking fee is $10. ADA parking is available in Lot C and drop-off points are available at each end of the convention center near entrance doors. An attendant will be directing traffic.
At this time, masks are required even if you have been vaccinated. We will continue to monitor state and venue COVID requirements up to the ceremony date. We will notify graduates of any changes.
Guests: Enter at designated northwest venue doors and proceed to Halls A or D for seating.
Graduates: Enter at designated northwest venue doors and proceed to Salon 3 for graduate headquarters.
Graduate check in
Please bring your name index card the day of the ceremony. The index card shows a bar code with your name and degree. These cards will be mailed to graduates about two weeks prior to the ceremony. We can provide a duplicate name card if needed the day of the ceremony.
Tickets required for graduates and guests to enter the ceremony venue. A separate email will provide details on how to reserve your tickets. Graduates will select the number of tickets (up to 10 guests maximum plus one for themselves) through a separate site called “Marching Order”. The number of guests selected will be the number of tickets available to you. We do not anticipate having additional tickets the day of the ceremony. Each ticket will have an individual bar code for entry. The tickets can be printed or shown on a mobile device. Be prepared to show your digital or printed tickets for scanning at the entrance.
*Tickets will be specific to the ceremony time you registered for upon entry. There is no reentry into the convention center after your ticket is scanned.
The commencement venue has no storage for personal belongings. Please arrange for a guest to hold any personal items or carry them with you at all times. Please be advised that University of Phoenix is not responsible for any damage or loss to personal property.
Regalia items to bring
· Bring your cap and gown. Additionally, undergraduates must bring their stoles and graduate students must bring their hoods. Use a cool iron if necessary, to ensure a wrinkle-free appearance. For any special regalia needs or for pickup arrangements, Herff Jones accepts cash or cards. Please contact Tammy Messier (678-294-7304) for any regalia needs or questions.
· Military graduates: Remember to bring your cord to the ceremony. The military cord was available to order on the regalia website. If you did not order, they will be available the day of the ceremony.
Honor cord eligibility
· Must be a bachelor’s degree student with a program GPA of 3.85 or higher. The University does not have an honors designation for associate, masters or doctoral students.
· All bachelors level students who have met the University honors requirements, by the commencement ceremony date, and have met all other eligibility criteria, will be recognized at commencement with the University honor cord. Students who attend commencement and wear the University honor cord prior to degree conferral are not guaranteed the “Graduated with Honors” designation. Academic standards must be met for a “Graduated with Honors” degree to be awarded. Students may fail to meet the University honors standards after attending commencement ceremonies.
Honor cord distribution
The University identifies graduates registered for the commencement who are eligible for the honor cord. If you are eligible to receive an honor cord one will be provided to you at no cost the day of commencement.
If you or any of your guests require ADA accommodations at the Atlanta ceremony, staff at the venue can assist with seating. Wheelchairs will not be available. Several areas can be used for accessible seating.
The University has coordinated with GradImages Photography to photograph graduates at the ceremony.
Due to fire marshal regulations, strollers are not permitted in the seating area aisles. Please be advised that University of Phoenix is not responsible for any damage or loss to personal property.
Check with Georgia Department of Transportation for any road closures the weekend of commencement.
Leaving the ceremony
We ask that graduates stay until the end of the program and participate in the recessional march. After the recessional, you will exit the ceremony and go outside of the halls and convention center glass doors to meet your friends and family.
The commencement digital program will be viewable three days prior to the ceremony and up to 30 days after the ceremony. Click on the official University of Phoenix Commencement Program site at http://www.gilmore.ca/ApolloCommencementBook. Select “Atlanta” from the “What is your Ceremony Location?” drop-down menu.
We would love for you to share any ceremony photos and stories about your educational journey on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/universityofphoenix/