Recognized Student Organizations (RSO)
We know that many valuable lessons are learned both inside and outside of the classroom. Whether you’re attending online or at a campus near you, the best way to connect to campus life is by getting involved. Make lasting connections, experience personal growth and enhance your overall university experience by participating in a Recognized Student Organization (RSO).
Through involvement in our officially-recognized honor societies, professional associations, academically‐focused interest groups or philanthropic organizations, you’ll have the opportunity to experience personal growth, cultivate leadership ability, gain professional knowledge and skills and develop career plans.
Each organization offers a unique experience that can help you build personal and professional relationships with fellow students and expand your network within your community and beyond.
Interested in joining an RSO or starting your own? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your place to get involved
Student organizations can provide opportunities for you to engage in valuable learning, networking and developmental activities outside of the classroom—enhancing your college experience and cultivating a stronger sense of belonging. By getting involved in an RSO, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Find an organization that piques your interest or start your own.
National Society of Leadership and Success
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society and collegiate development program and the only program of it’s kind to have earned accreditation for its programming. NSLS differentiates itself from traditional honor societies in that students must complete a step-by-step leadership development program in order to become inducted. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop many in-demand skills such as leadership, communication, and team building. They will also have the opportunity to complete additional education modules in order to earn credit for their work with NSLS. NSLS membership is inclusive regardless of College or program. NSLS members are eligible to compete for scholarship awards for students enrolled in doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate Colleges/Programs.
• Students are selected by their College for membership based on either academic standing or leadership potential. Candidacy is a nationally recognized achievement of honorable distinction. Students receive a formal invitation to join NSLS electronically (email) and hard copy mailed to them.
• All UOPX qualified students may be invited to join NSLS based upon the Chapter requirements to meet grade point averages (GPA).
• Students: Must have a minimum GPA and includes all students enrolled in a UOPX degree granting program.
• Our Chapter GPA requirements are: 3.0 and higher for students enrolled in their Undergraduate, Graduate students must have a 3.5+ as well as Doctoral students.
• The GPA requirement for Alumni is 2.75+
• Faculty: All faculty are waved and may join NSLS.
• Current dues/Fees: NSLS members pay a one-time registration fee of $95 when applying to join the organization. The fee includes all membership benefits and partner discounts.
For more information please contact Dr. Schultz Chapter Advisor at Richard.Schultz@phoenix.edu.