Skip to Main Content Skip to bottom Skip to Chat, Email, Text
"Degrees & Program"


Take a shorter path to graduation

Apply eligible transfer credits from an institutionally accredited university or college toward the degree of your choice. So, you can save on tuition and get that much closer to your graduation date.

Request info
A graduation cap sitting atop a stack of books.

See how much you can save

We specialize in helping you find the work, life and college credits you need to earn your degree faster, and for less. Take a few minutes to explore your opportunities.

How transfer credits work

The process is quick and easy – and we'll help you every step of the way.

Apply to University of Phoenix

Complete your application and sign a Transfer Release Form.

Request transcripts

In most cases, we request your transcripts on your behalf, so you don’t incur any cost. For military students, we’ll request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) on your behalf from your branch of the military.

Transcript requests can take between 5-20 days, depending on the institution. Some institutions may require you to request your transcripts directly.

Credits awarded

We’ll notify you when credits have been awarded toward your degree. It’s that easy.

Explore your transfer credit opportunities

Why transfer credits to University of Phoenix?

Why transfer credits to University of Phoenix?

Free transcript requests

While some institutions require transcript requests from students directly, for those that don’t we’ll request transcripts on your behalf and cover the cost.

Maximize your transfer credits

We value what you have already learned so we strive to make every credit count.

Non-traditional credits welcome

Go beyond transfer credits. See how you can apply work and life experiences to your degree.

There’s no way I would have made the impact or the difference that I’m making without the support, the confidence, and the education that I was provided.

Amber P. | MHA ‘17

Frequently Asked Questions

You don’t pay to transfer college credits. In most cases we can request your official transcripts from prior institutions for you. This saves you time and money. In some cases, institutions may require you to make the request directly.

You  might be able to apply military training for college credit. We will request your Joint Service Transcript (JST) for you, and evaluate your military experience using credit recommendations from the American Council for Education (ACE). 

Yes. Transfer your associate degree from an institutionally accredited community college to receive a special tuition rate to save $144 per three-credit course. We have relationships with community colleges across the country that make transferring credit to University of Phoenix easier for you. If you have your associate degree our 3+1 Transfer Pathway lets you transfer 87 credits, the equivalent of three years, from a participating community college.

Talk with an enrollment representative to learn more about applying Prior Learning Assessment to apply for credit for what you have learned through work and life experiences. Alternative credit providers and national testing programs are other options that allow you to save. 

Get evaluated for academic credentials from a number of international colleges and universities. If we’re unable to review your credits for some reason, we’ll direct you to an agency that can. Note that foreign language transcripts require certified English translation.

Speak with an enrollment representative to explore all your transfer credit options.

Find out all your credit options

Other ways to earn credit

Work & life experience

Earn credit for what you know.

Learn more

International students

Transfer credit from accredited international colleges and universities.

Learn more

National testing centers

Take tests for approved credit.

Learn more

Alternative credit providers

Explore other ways to earn credit.

Learn more