Calling all teachers

From aspiring to experienced – programs designed for the professional educator.

We have education degree programs to serve the needs of experienced teachers, those new to the field and those specializing in adult education.  Explore the options and find the path that’s right for you.

Our initial degree programs are designed for:

  • Aspiring teachers who don’t currently have a bachelor’s degree.

Our Bachelor of Science in Education/Elementary Education and our Bachelor of Science/Early Childhood Education are designed to help those who don’t currently have a bachelor’s degree prepare for licensure as a teacher. 

  • Aspiring teachers who have a bachelor's degree in another area.

Those that are ready to make a career change and transition into teaching can earn a Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) degree in Elementary EducationSecondary Education, or Special Education. Previous teaching experience is not required.

While we pride ourselves on our global reach and outlook, we also appreciate the value of local influence in the field of education. The College of Education has degree programs that meet national standards, and also have been approved by individual state departments of education to prepare teaching candidates for licensure in their home states. Not all programs are state approved, view our courses aligned to specific state requirements.

Our advanced degree programs are designed for:

  • Teachers interested in enhancing their skills and improving the classroom experience. 
    Our Master of Arts in Education/Curriculum and Instruction helps you learn innovative strategies for creating and enriching classroom curriculum.
  • Are you interested in pursuing a more supervisory role?

Our Master of Arts in Education/Administration and Supervision can help you prepare for licensure as a principal

We also have learning options for:


Call 866.484.1815 today to get started or learn more about programs available in your area.


Candidates located in Alabama, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Texas, Utah and West Virginia: This is an Arizona-based program. As an out-of-state-prepared candidate for initial teacher licensure, your state requires you to obtain Arizona certification first prior to seeking licensure in your home state.

Candidates located in Virginia enrolled in the Alternative Pathway Certificate Program will also be required to obtain Arizona certification first, prior to seeking licensure, in their home state.

For more information on licensure requirements, application materials and website information for your state’s board or department of education, click on your state below.

University of Phoenix advanced degree programs (Administration & Supervision and Curriculum & Instruction) may lead to certification in some states. College of Education programs are offered in Florida based on home-state approval from the Arizona Department of Education.

Individual programs vary by state, and not all programs are available at all locations or in both online and on-campus modalities.

Continuing Education Units (CEUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies. While widely available, not all Continuing Education Unit coursework is available in all states or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.

Candidates should check with their state agency for any state-specific requirements, including the acceptability of the University’s advanced programs in any state in which they intend to seek licensure or certification. Program requirements are subject to change based on state certification requirements. Please speak to a campus representative for a listing of programs available at each campus location.

While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.