ctec510 | Graduate
Overview Of Career And Technical Education
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Current Trends and Challenges of Career and Technical Education (CTE); Resources for the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher
- Analyze current trends in CTE.
- Describe how federal legislation and federal funding revenue streams impact CTE.
- Explain how CTE can be looked at as both a structural and instructional approach.
- Generate strategies to overcome challenges associated with CTE.
- Locate useful resources for CTE teachers.
- Compare state resources for CTE teachers.
- Identify the importance of collaboration at all levels to support both teachers and students and to make a CTE program successful.
- Locate professional organizations available to career and technical educators and the role they play in developing policy, practices, and legislation in CTE.
Inside the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classroom
- Develop CTE materials for a specific program area using instructional principles and best practices for improving student outcomes.
- Align standards to CTE curriculum.
- Incorporate technology to support student career development.
- Evaluate effective strategies for managing the CTE classroom.
Outside the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Classroom
- Identify external factors that influence the CTE classroom.
- Describe methods to mobilize stakeholders.
- Create plans to promote and emphasize the integral role of career and technical student organizations (CTSOs).
- Identify effective methods of advocating for CTE programs.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Foundations
- Describe the history and development of CTE.
- Identify the essential characteristics and components of CTE and its impact on multicultural society.
- Explain the major educational philosophies that influence CTE.
- Develop a personal philosophy of CTE.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.