emc340 | undergraduate
Emergency Services And The Community
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Educating the Community
- Create a community outreach and preparedness program.
- Perform a community assessment.
Emergency Preparedness and Emerging Trends
- Explain how a historical analysis of disasters within a community may influence an emergency preparedness plan.
- Explain how technological advances are influencing emergency response.
Community Assessment and Hazard Vulnerability
- Explain how to use various resources to detect and monitor potential threats.
- Describe the relationship between a community assessment and hazard vulnerabilities.
Populations With Special Needs
- Describe management strategies for populations with special needs.
- Identify populations with special needs.
Psychosocial Impact of Disasters
- Describe the psychosocial impact of disasters.
- Explain the role of critical incident stress management in psychological recovery.
- Discuss strategies to reduce the occupational risks associated with emergency response.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.