emc350 | undergraduate
Managing Emergency Response Operations
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Future of Emergency Response
- Predict the impact of the EMS Agenda for the Future on emergency response.
- Identify opportunities for change in emergency response technology.
Levels of Response
- Describe the types of emergencies.
- Compare emergency systems.
- Differentiate the training and experience levels of responders.
Operational Preparedness for an Emergency Response
- Classify appropriate staffing roles.
- Determine appropriate logistical support.
- Describe EMS management of communication centers.
Support Functions Preparedness for an Emergency Response
- Determine sources of funding for emergency responses.
- Describe the role of media personnel and legal counsel in emergency responses.
- Describe quality assurance programs for emergency response.
Operational Response in an Emergency
- Describe the progression of an incident, from initial notification to completion.
- Explain the implementation of the incident command system.
- Assess the management of support personnel during an emergency response.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.