Lifetime Networks Launches 'Every Woman Counts' Bus TourBy : UOPX News | August 8, 2008
NEW YORK, August 8, 2008 — Lifetime Networks today announced the launch of the 'Every Woman Counts' bus tour to engage women in the political process this election season and beyond. At each tour stop, women will be able to upload videos to Lifetime's YouTube(TM) Channel (www.youtube.com/lifetime) declaring what they would do if they were president, highlighting the issues most important to them this historic presidential election year. The tour will wind across the country making 14 stops in 11 markets, including Denver and Minneapolis/Saint Paul for the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, where Lifetime will host a series of high-profile Every Woman Counts events.
In addition, at each stop, women can register to vote at myLifetime.com, watch Lifetime Every Woman Counts PSAs and 'If I were president ... ' vignettes from celebrities such as Reba McIntyre, Queen Latifah, Jewel, and many more. Highlights from Lifetime programming, including hit series 'Army Wives,' and original broadband series will also be shown.
'Lifetime and our partners are dedicated to sparking a national dialogue among women and equipping them with the tools necessary to engage them in politics,' said Meredith Wagner, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs. 'The bus tour was created to connect with women in their hometowns on the issues that matter most to them and to inspire them to register and vote. Thirty-five million eligible women did not vote in the 2004 presidential election, and we are committed to changing this statistic as part of our 'Every Woman Counts' campaign,' she added.
'As this historical and pivotal election approaches, we are thrilled that our partner, Lifetime, is utilizing the YouTube platform to democratize America's political process and enable women everywhere to broadcast themselves,' said Jordan Hoffner, Director of Content Partnerships for YouTube.
'We're delighted to leverage our new partnership with YouTube to tap into the premier online video audience and to ensure that no matter the platform, 'Every Woman Counts',' said Dan Suratt, Executive Vice President, Digital Media and Business Development.
Rising country stars Carter's Chord wrote and recorded 'Make It Count,' a song dedicated to empowering women that will serve as the tour's theme. The song will be featured in on-air spots promoting the tour and in a video montage documenting the tour on Lifetime's YouTube Channel.
Market stops include: July 31, Indianapolis, IN; August 2, Louisville, KY; August 4, Nashville, TN; August 5, Atlanta, GA; August 7, New Orleans, LA; August 11, Houston, TX; August 13, San Antonio, TX; August 18, Albuquerque, NM; August 20, 25-28, Denver, CO, site of the Democratic National Convention; August 31, Kansas City, MO; and September 1-4, Minneapolis/Saint Paul, home to the Republican National Convention. The bus tour is sponsored by the University of Phoenix and facilitated by New York-based marketing company, Alloy Media + Marketing.
Viewers at home can also track the 'Every Woman Counts' YouTube bus on its trip around the country and can access the Lifetime channel on YouTube with one easy click at www.everywomancounts08.com, an online community designed to engage and empower women with the resources and digital tools they need to stay informed about and involved in the election. The 2008 'Every Woman Counts' Web site also includes voter registration tools, resources on issues important to women, user-generated videos sharing what women would do as president, and a design your own presidential candidate game (please see attachment for additional details).
The site also features a special national political conventions resource section, including:
- Exclusive interviews with women behind-the-scenes at the conventions, including CEOs of both conventions
- 'Test Your Convention IQ' quiz
- Conventions 101 page
- Democratic and Republican National Convention highlights
- Lifetime's activities in Denver and Minneapolis/Saint Paul as well as special content from Rock the Vote
myLifetime.com (http://www.mylifetime.com), the ultimate digital destination for women's entertainment and escape, is a site where more than two million women per month (comScore Media Metrix) connect, play and share. myLifetime.com offers lifestyle content in Beauty & Style, Home & Crafts, Entertainment, Health, Relationships, and Astrology channels, original broadband video series, and full episodes, behind-the-scenes content and features that enable women to engage deeper with Lifetime's television programming. The site's games channel offers hundreds of compelling online and downloadable games, and ranks among the top 25 online gaming sites for women. The site also features a vibrant community of more than 2.5 million members who connect with each other via an array of social networking tools. Combined with the reach of the Lifetime Networks, myLifetime.com provides national sponsors an unrivaled opportunity to reach women with targeted cross-platform experiences.
About Carter's Chord
Carter's Chord are true daughters of the Outlaw country movement whose parents Barny & Carter Robertson toured and recorded with Waylon Jennings at the height of his Outlaw fame and raised the sisters on music. Their debut album features five songs written by the sisters, including hit single 'Different Breed,' and highlights their distinctive sibling harmonies to create a sound that melds their deep country roots with utterly contemporary appeal. Fans can hear songs from the album, produced by Toby Keith and father Barny, performed live as Carter's Chord tours with Keith's Biggest & Baddest Tour through fall 2008.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
University of Phoenix is constantly innovating to help students balance education and life in a rapidly changing world. Through flexible schedules, challenging courses and interactive learning, students achieve personal and career aspirations without putting their lives on hold. As of August 31, 2008, 362,100 students were enrolled at University of Phoenix, the largest private university in North America. University of Phoenix serves a diverse student population, offering associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs from campuses and learning centers across the U.S. as well as online throughout the world.
About 'Every Woman Counts'
'Every Woman Counts' is the only public service campaign dedicated to encouraging women to speak out on the issues they care about most, vote and run for office. For the first time, the 2008 Every Woman Counts initiative will leverage the power of the #1 and #2 television networks' for women - Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) - and include the most extensive on-air programming, digital content and grassroots efforts to date. To expand the effort and reach women everywhere they live, work and play, Lifetime launched the first-ever 'Every Woman Counts' media and advocacy coalition in partnership with REDBOOK, CosmoGIRL!, Marie Claire, celebrities, experts and hundreds of women's nonprofit organizations representing more than 15 million women from all sides of the political spectrum.
LIFETIME is the leader in women's television and one of the top-rated basic cable television networks. A diverse, multi-media company, LIFETIME is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. LIFETIME Television, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Real Women and Lifetime Digital (including myLifetime.com) are part of LIFETIME Entertainment Services, a 50/50 joint venture of Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
The 2008 'Every Woman Counts' Web site - www.everywomancounts08.com - is an online community designed to engage and empower women with the resources and digital tools they need to stay informed about and involved in the election. Features include:
- Voter Registration Tools - Women are only a click away from voter registration with an interactive map feature, which allows users to select their home state and find registration forms, state-specific voting statistics and other resources dedicated to voter registration. Information and voter tools are also provided through partner organizations dedicated to voter registration, including the Rock the Vote, Declare Yourself and League of Women Voters.
- 'If I Were President ... ' User-Generated Videos - Visitors will be able to upload videos saying what they would do as president. Site visitors can rate and share these videos, which will be delivered to the newly elected leaders in the White House and the Capitol in January 2009. The site includes several 'If I were president ... ' videos from celebrities including Reba McIntyre, Queen Latifah, Marcia Cross, Mary Hart and many more.
- Resources on Issues Important to Women - Each month, the site showcases a different issue important to women, and includes presidential candidates' positions on the issues, expert guest columns, and facts and statistics - Nationwide 'Fast Facts.' Visitors also can access a wealth of information and resources provided by coalition partners.
- National Political Conventions Resources - Featuring exclusive interviews with women behind-the-scenes at the conventions, including CEOs of both conventions, a test your convention IQ quiz, a Convention 101 page, and information about both Democratic and Republican National Convention events and cities. The site also includes information about Lifetime's activities in Denver and Minneapolis/Saint Paul as well as special content from Rock the Vote.
- 'Every Woman Counts' Coalition - Women and girls can sign up to join the 'Every Woman Counts' Coalition, the first-ever media and advocacy coalition dedicated to engaging women in the political process. The unprecedented coalition includes Redbook, CosmoGIRL! and Marie Claire, as well as hundreds of national women's groups representing more than 15 million women across the country.
- Track the 'Every Woman Counts'/YouTube Bus Tour - Viewers at home can follow the 'Every Woman Counts' YouTube bus on its trip around the country and can access the Lifetime channel on YouTube with one easy click.
- 'The Hot Button' Blog - An 'Every Woman Counts' blog gives women across the country a forum for voicing their opinions and sharing their concerns about the issues driving them to the voting booth this November.
The nonpartisan 'Every Woman Counts' campaign, first launched in 1992 and entering its fifth presidential election cycle, is the only public service campaign dedicated to encouraging millions of women to speak out on the issues they care about most, vote and run for office. For the first time, the 2008 initiative will leverage the power of the #1 and #2 television networks for women - Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network (LMN) - and include the most extensive on-air programming, digital content and grassroots efforts to date.