Apply for your chance to save on your bachelor's degree
You've probably experienced some major changes to your lifestyle or the way you work. With our Summer Scholarship, you have the opportunity to change your future by getting back in class.
How it works
We're giving over $100,000 in scholarships to fifty bachelor's degree students starting in July. Please see full eligibility requirements and application details below.
Take advantage of this limited-time offer by following these steps:
Terms and Conditions
All new degree students or students who have been out of attendance from the University of Phoenix (“University”) more than 365 days who (i) apply to enter or reenter the University in a Bachelor’s degree; (ii) transfer in or have completed at least 12 (but no more than 90 credits for new University students) combined transfer credits from accredited institution(s) or previously earned from the University within the last 18 months; (iii) have an aggregate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale); and (iv) apply for this Summer 2020 Scholarship (“Scholarship”) and enroll and post attendance in their first class between July 7th and August 11th, 2020 will have the opportunity to be considered for one of 100 Scholarships up to $2,500 each.
In order to qualify for this Scholarship, you must:
- Apply to the University of Phoenix for a bachelor’s degree program.
- Apply for this Scholarship. As part of the application, you must provide an official and/or unofficial transcript. This transcript will verify the following requirements:
- If applicable, having previously attended a University within the past 18 months.
- Must have received a minimum of 12 cumulative credits. Transfer students who are new to the University, will not be eligible for this Scholarship if they’ve received more than 90 credits.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- NOTE: If you have previously attended the University, a transcript will not be required, the University will have your official records.
The University of Phoenix will award up to 100 Scholarships in the following manner:
- Starting on July 7th, 50 student applications will be randomly selected and reviewed for eligibility. If 50 eligible students are not achieved in the first random selection, one student at a time will be randomly pulled from the entire pool of applicants until the University achieves 50 qualified eligible students for the July 7th start date. Students will be notified of the Scholarship award by July 10th.
- Starting on August 11th, 50 student applications will be randomly selected and reviewed for eligibility. If 50 eligible students are not achieved in the first random selection, one student at a time will be randomly pulled from the entire pool of applicants until the University achieves 50 qualified eligible students for the August 11th start date. Students will be notified of the Scholarship award by August 14th.
If you don’t meet the above criteria, we would still love to see you earn your degree with us, but you are not eligible for this Scholarship
Please note the following terms regarding the Scholarship:
- The Scholarship is a non-cash award and under no circumstance will the Scholarship benefits exceed the invoice amount.
- This Scholarship is valid for $625 per course for the first four (4) courses attended. The maximum Scholarship award is $2500, based upon the number of courses taken up to four within the 365 day period.
- The Scholarship will be applied to the student's account on July 11 for the July 7th start date and August 15 for the August 11th start date.
- This Scholarship only applies to new and out of attendance undergraduate students who meet the above criteria.
- This Scholarship may not be combined with any other University of Phoenix scholarship, offers, and memorandum of understanding or tuition scholarship(s).
- You remain responsible for repayment of all Federal Student Aid borrowed for your program or any other program you have enrolled in and/or attended, and are subject to the repayment terms and conditions set forth in your borrowing agreement.
- This Scholarship is not applicable and will not be issued to:
- Students who enroll in a master or doctoral program.
- Students who are pursuing stand-alone courses.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Cover costs for credits earned outside of the University.
- Students who are Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Academic Catalog.
- Students who enroll and start their first course before July 7, 2020 or after August 11, 2020.
- You fail to meet the eligibility requirements.
- 365 days after your first course.
- You are Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Academic Catalog.
- You are out of attendance on an unapproved leave of absence for more than 35 days.
- Change degree programs.