Optimize the review process
Each of these three steps must be fully completed for your portfolio and essays to be considered for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) credit:
1. Complete the online application at eCampus:
- Log in to eCampus
- Go to the Program tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Transfer Credit Options at the bottom of the page.
- Click on See if PLA works for you link.
- Click on “Click Here” to access our online application link.
Please note that in the Petition Item section, Course/Title/Description: Training Provider, Hours and Date Completed sections must be completed. Once you’ve filled these out, click on the Submit PLA Application link under the Review tab to complete your application.
2. Upload your documentation.
If you do not have scanned documents to upload, please fax your supporting documents to 602.643.0364. However, experiential learning essays and autobiography documents cannot be faxed. They must be in Microsoft Word® format (.doc or .docx) and should only be uploaded to your student portfolio or emailed as attachments.
Before submitting your essay, make sure it’s properly formatted using our essay template. Then double-check that you haven’t missed anything by reviewing the documentation requirements.
If you’re uploading scanned documents, we have a 4MB limit. To ensure that your documents are received, do not fax more than 30 pages at a time, and be sure to include your individual record number (IRN) on all transmitted documents.
3. Next submit your PLA application. The academic evaluation normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to be completed. You may email email@example.com for any updates. Once the evaluation is completed and if credit(s) are awarded, there is only a $99 fee due. That payment may be made on your University of Phoenix student account as a general payment.
If you need your PLA submission evaluated sooner, review the rush request process.
What happens after we’ve reviewed your application?
Upon completion of the initial review, we’ll send an email informing you of the outcome. If your portfolio and essays are approved, the credits you’ve earned will be posted to your student record.
You will be invoiced $75 for each credit that is applied. This fee is due within 30 days.
Need more information? Please contact us at 866.440.4707 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft and Word are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the U.S. and/or other countries.