hcr202 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Purchasing and Contracting Health Plan Options
- Summarize group health eligibility, portability, and required coverage.
- Describe participation program compensation and billing.
- Compare cost control strategies of employer-sponsored and self-funded health plans.
Health Care Payors
- Identify government health care payors.
- Identify commercial health insurance.
- Identify other health care payors.
Health Care Reimbursement
- Describe the health care reimbursement concepts.
- Describe the basic reimbursements methodologies within health care.
- Define copay, coinsurance, deductibles, self-pay, and out of pocket max.
- Compare in-network and out-of-network benefit implications.
- Describe Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and coverage.
- Discuss the impact of Medicare incentive programs.
- Describe TRICARE eligibility and cost sharing requirements.
- Describe CHAMPVA coverage.
Commercial Insurance, Workers Compensation, and Other Payors
- Explain features of private payer, consumer-driven health plans.
- Describe features of federal and state workersâ compensation plans.
- Identify other payment sources for health care services.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.