The mission of the Master of Science in Counseling/Clinical Mental Health is to prepare confident, competent and reflective clinical mental health counselors with a professional disposition and demonstrated knowledge and skills in all of the following areas:
- Professional counseling orientation and ethical practice
- Social and cultural diversity
- Human growth and development
- Career development
- Counseling and helping relationships
- Group counseling and group work
- Assessment and testing
- Research and program evaluation
Furthermore, students who are preparing to specialize as clinical mental health counselors will demonstrate foundational knowledge and skills necessary to address a wide variety of circumstances within the context of clinical mental health counseling practice.
A degree built around the skills employers want
We know what skills employers want because we did our homework.
We worked with labor market researchers to align in-demand skills with our program to ensure you have the opportunity to learn and demonstrate them in your coursework.